This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap miscomparison on mainline with checking disabled
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, tevenb at suse dot des, dpatel at apple dot com, mrs at apple dot com, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:30:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap miscomparison on mainline with checking disabled
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <469A0D4E-A9A6-11D8-A4A1-000393A6D2F2@physics.uc.edu>, Andrew Pinski
>On May 19, 2004, at 10:48, email@example.com wrote:
>> In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Diego
>> Novillo wri
>>> Content-Type: text/plain
>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>> One of these patches (attached) is causing a bootstrap miscomparison
>>> mainline with checking disabled. Could you look into it?
>> It would help if you could at least mention what target.....
>Well dwarf2out.c is being miscompiled by phiopt:
>- if (T.2057_36 != 0B) goto <L0>; else goto <L5>;
>- # rtl_335 = PHI <T.2057_36(1), 0B(0)>;
>+ rtl_335 = 0B;
>I will look into why it is being replaced with 0 instead of rtl_335
>is the correct replacement.
Can you please send me the testcase (particularly if you've already
trimmed it down to a particular function or sub-function of dwarf2out).