Re: why m68k-linux target is not building?

--- Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:
> <arcjai@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I am trying to build gcc for m68k-linux target,
> but
> > I am getting following error during make
> > crti.o:No such file
> > I am using GCC 3.4 (release) version for building
> > this. I tried changing t-linux by adding
> > EXTRA_MULTILIB_PARTS=crti.o
> > This time it can find crti.o but now the error is
> > can not find -lc
> > Error occurs while building libgcc all libgcc
> objects
> > are linked with -lc
> > Am I missing something?
>
> You are missing the target libraries.  Any debian
> glibc package will do.

Does that mean i need to have libc.a before i can
build a new version of gcc for m68k-linux? Or
1. Get a m68k-linux-gcc binary
2. Create libc.a using this compiler
3. Then build new gcc version for m68k-linux.
4. Create libc.a again using newly built compiler.

C Jaiprakash