This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: why m68k-linux target is not building?
- From: <arcjai at yahoo dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:53:57 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: why m68k-linux target is not building?
--- Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> <email@example.com> writes:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to build gcc for m68k-linux target,
> > I am getting following error during make
> > crti.o:No such file
> > I am using GCC 3.4 (release) version for building
> > this. I tried changing t-linux by adding
> > EXTRA_MULTILIB_PARTS=crti.o
> > This time it can find crti.o but now the error is
> > can not find -lc
> > Error occurs while building libgcc all libgcc
> > are linked with -lc
> > Am I missing something?
> You are missing the target libraries. Any debian
> glibc package will do.
Does that mean i need to have libc.a before i can
build a new version of gcc for m68k-linux? Or
1. Get a m68k-linux-gcc binary
2. Create libc.a using this compiler
3. Then build new gcc version for m68k-linux.
4. Create libc.a again using newly built compiler.
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! - Internet access at a great low price.