importing code in IR (GIMPLE and/or RTL)

Hi all,
I want to toss an idea that someone might find usefull.
It looks to me that it would be quite interesting if we could
do the inverse of the debugging dumps. The dumps of the GIMPLE
code are very usefull when one is writting a new GIMPLE optimizing
pass because thus he is able to skip all the following passes and
ovserve the direct result of the concrete pass. The inverse would
be to directly feed the given pass with code in GIMPLE repr., skipping
anything before the pass. This way he could much easely analyse
the exact behaviour of the pass without the noise added by any
prior or following passes.

The same would probably be usefull for the RTL-based passes as well -
not only to be able to dump the RTL at given point, but also to be
able to import at given point. In such case all prior passes can
just be skipped.

Greetings,
Lucho.