template aliasing

Hi,

 I've google around and found that template aliasing was being discussed for
standarization in 2003. I couldn't find if this happened or not, so if anyone
knows what is the state of this, if it is already part of the c++ language,
if/when g++ will support it, or anything related, I would be very grateful to
know.
I'm currently designing a library and that mechanism would be very useful. I
know there are alternatives, but they are rather ugly.

thanks
ps: please cc me since I'm not subscribed.

--
Marco Correia <mvc@di.fct.unl.pt>