[tree-ssa] Merge as of 2004-05-12

No.  This is not the announcement of the final tree-ssa merge into
mainline.

While I finish the final merge into mainline, I have committed a
trunk->branch merge into tree-ssa.

At this moment, the tree-ssa branch is what is almost exactly what
mainline will be tomorrow.  The only changes I'm going to make today are
little things like renaming a couple of files, adding ChangeLog entries
and updating MAINTAINERS files.

Diego.