RE: Suggestion re tree-ssa merge

  I always think it's worth tagging immediately after a big merge as well.
It makes it easy to get the entire set of changes from the merge as a diff.
It helps establish whether bugs that are discovered in the aftermath of the
merge (while the dust is still settling!) are due to the merge or to the
ongoing development work that has resumed after the merge.

  That's just my 2*$(CURRENCY_UNIT)/100.0, of course :)

    cheers,
      DaveK