Re: Inline assembly syntax

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Stan Shebs wrote:

> Metrowerks did port to the SH once upon a time, so presumably they at
> least had to think about it at some point. Doesn't look to be a
> currently supported target, but it was hard to tell for sure from
> their website; the material there seems be for SH Linux, and they're
> likely using GCC for that activity.
>
> Stan

As a matter of fact, one of my ex-employers paid Metrowerks to support the
SH. I was down at Metrowerks for a few days to iron out some of the
technical details.

Very few of our developers ever used Metrowerks, though. The code
generation for the SH was utterly braindead, almost as bad as Visual C++
for WinCE at the time.

Toshi