This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PROPOSAL: targetm.expand_tree_builtin hook
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- To: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>, gcc List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:26:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: targetm.expand_tree_builtin hook
- Organization: SUSE Labs
- References: <C9E69DE1-A2B6-11D8-81DBfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Monday 10 May 2004 21:18, Ziemowit Laski wrote:
> It already lives in the apple-ppc-branch, but I thought it might be of
> more general interest.
> The hook would be invoked from c-common.c:expand_tree_builtin, and
> would facilitate target-specific, eager (i.e., the moment you see the
> function call) TREE-to-TREE transformations.
Sounds interesting, though I suppose it'd be nice if this would not
live in c-common.c but instead in one of the language independent
parts of the compiler.