This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Where is rd_gen computed in gcse.c


In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0405100903020.22722@wotan.suse.de>, Michael Matz writ
es:
 >Note that rd_gen and friends are only used for classic GCSE (not LCM 
 >based) which only is used when optimize_size.  But in that case it indeed 
 >doesn't do much ;)  And noone noticed.  An argument for ripping out the 
 >classic GCSE stuff without second thought.
Actually I noticed some time ago and I believe even pointed it out to the
gcc list.  However, I never found the time to go fix things.

I wouldn't lose a huge amount of sleep if the old classic GCSE algorithm
went away and we just didn't bother with GCSE at all when optimizing for
size.

jeff


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]