[tree-ssa] Building GENERIC trees cont.

Quoting Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com>:
> > >  Hi again, the thing about GENERIC is that it's not all that
> > > documented, however there were a thread about this a while
> > > ago on the gcc mailinglist, search through the archives and
> > > you will find a mail which states ' if it's not in these
> > > files then it's not GENERIC, ( and some files are named, fx.
> > > tree.h and some more ). I dare not give you an answer
> > > straight from my head because the probability of error is too large.
>
> tree.def contains a definitions of the tree nodes, tree.h contains macros for
> accessing them.

Hi all,

I'm still playing with BCPL and still struggling with the building of GENERIC
trees and the GCC integration.

Currently, I'm having trouble with a whole load of spurious errors when I
include the headers "tree.h", "config.h" and "system.h" in my (Bison generated)
parser. I get hundreds of errors and warning in (mainly) tree.h, input.h and
machmode.h about parse errors and ISO C conflicts. Have I included the correct
headers, or are more required? I've had a look at c-common.c, but I was not sure
if I needed to include the same headers.

I'd be happy if I were able to create some tree nodes for simple language
constructs like expressions and statements, but I'm not sure what are the basic
functions for creating nodes. I've been looking at a copy of the GCC Internals
manual from the gcc-ssa-3.5ssa-20040506 snapshot, but it's hard going!

My version of gcc:

[cs1tc@tcrick generic_trees]$ gccssa -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/gccssa/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.5-tree-ssa/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-tree-ssa-20040407-src/configure --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --with-system-zlib
--enable-__cxa_atexit --program-suffix=ssa --prefix=/usr/local/gccssa
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.5-tree-ssa 20040407 (merged 20040331)

Please shout if I need to post some more info.

Cheers,

Tom

--
BCPL for GCC