Re: RFC: split ColdFire from m68k backend

Kazu Hirata wrote:

Also, m68k is the major cc0 target at the moment. Making it drop cc0 support
would help cleaning up the compiler. You can ask Kazu Hirata, as he lately
modified h8300 to drop cc0.

As Paolo pointed out, I have not checked in this change. I am thinking about doing so after the tree-ssa merge, provided that somebody will review my middle-end patches that aim at preserving the code quality when the h8300 port moves from cc0 to MODE_CC.

By the way, I am wondering if there is anybody out there testing the
m68k port on some kind of simulator.  Without that, making a large
change to the port would be very difficult.

Peter Barada as been working to enhance the ColdFire emulator originally available from here:

http://www.slicer.ca/coldfire/

It doesn't cover all of the m68k family, but it's still better
than nothing.

What we're lacking is integration with GDB's simulator
infrastructure.  We could also get dejagnu to run the
tests on the emulator over the serial console, perhaps
using rz/sz, but it wouldn't be ideal.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/