Re: const_double - RTL

Iman Narasamdya wrote:
I would like to construct the double value from the operands of const_double. How to do so? Particularly, I don't understand how the operands are created from a double / float value.

We don't really provide a way to convert a const_double into a double value. Since the host and target may have different floating point representations, in general, we can not use FP values inside the compiler. Instead, we have REAL_VALUE_TYPE which is an abstracted representation of an FP value. We have routines to convert between REAL_VALUE_TYPE and const_double, we have routines to perform operations on REAL_VALUE_TYPE, and we have routines to output REAL_VALUE_TYPE to assembly language. But if you actually want a double value, you may be out of luck.

Most of this stuff is in real.h and real.c. See for instance REAL_VALUE_FROM_CONST_DOUBLE, and CONST_DOUBLE_FROM_REAL_VALUE.