This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Merge status 2004-05-03
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 16:22:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Merge status 2004-05-03
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 16:05, Andrew Haley wrote:
> I'm very reluctant to write a whole new gimplifier for Java, or to
> start generating a ton of random temporaries in the Java front end.
Perhaps you could handle MODIFY_EXPR in java's lang_hooks.gimplify expr
and do what Java needs. Perhaps you could just take (y = 3) out of the
expression and return GS_UNHANDLED.