This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] make zone collector work without mmap
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:51:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] make zone collector work without mmap
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 03:17:15PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> This patch augments the zone collector with the page groups
> functionality in ggc-page.c. If I understood correctly, the
> zone collector is going to become the default one day, so it
> needs to work without mmap.
No. One day the zone collector will be generational, and so
not only requrire mmap but also mprotect. The existing ggc-page
will not go away.