This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] provide means to access the zone from the corresponding chunk
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:15:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] provide means to access the zone from the corresponding chunk
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On May 7, 2004, at 9:59 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
This patch enables the zone collector to recover the page_entry and
alloc_zone structures from the address of an arbitrary ggc_alloc-ed
pointer. Unfortunately, while very useful, this is quite invasive.
Why do we need to do this?
I specifically removed the ability to do this when i removed the lookup
table we used to use.
What exactly useful property does being able to get the page entry have?