Re: MS/CW-style inline assembly for GCC

Andrew P., Robert D., Mark M., Ian Lance Taylor

Michel L., Peter B., Bernd J., Oscar F., Alex R., Daniel J.

I divided people who have said something in this thread in two
groups. I excluded Stan, Red Hat folks and Apple folks because
their opinion could be considered tainted (for various reasons).

It is easy to categorize first group as GCC developers and
second group as GCC users (Daniel J. frequently posts GCC patches).

Most (if not all) of the response from second group falls into
the category of CW asm syntax is better OR current GCC asm syntax
is horrible.

FIrst group's response is, whatever we have right now is good
enough.

If message count is the deciding factor then, on this list, GCC
developers will always outweigh GCC users.

As a group, we've to decide what is the threshold when customer/user
requirement wins over implementation/maintenance difficulties.

-
Devang