Re: RFC: split ColdFire from m68k backend

Hi

Is cross compilation good enough as a test setup? Im writing code for a dragonball embedded board.

On 2004-05-07 15:43:56 +0800 Kazu Hirata <kazu@cs.umass.edu> wrote:

Hi Giovanni,

One thing that would be nice to have is to convert the
prologue/epilogue to RTL.

This sounds like a good idea.

Also, m68k is the major cc0 target at the moment. Making it drop cc0 support
would help cleaning up the compiler. You can ask Kazu Hirata, as he lately
modified h8300 to drop cc0.

As Paolo pointed out, I have not checked in this change. I am
thinking about doing so after the tree-ssa merge, provided that
somebody will review my middle-end patches that aim at preserving the
code quality when the h8300 port moves from cc0 to MODE_CC.

By the way, I am wondering if there is anybody out there testing the
m68k port on some kind of simulator. Without that, making a large
change to the port would be very difficult.

Kazu Hirata