Re: Promoting floats to doubles?

So look at gcc-2.8.1, grep for flag_traditional... I see code in
default_conversion for arguments. store_parm_decls and
combine_parm_decls for parameters. And grokdeclarator for return
values. The last one is optional, since not all K&R C compilers
promoted return values. So the default_conversion change seems right. The store_parm_decls/combine_parm_decls stuff has changed a bit since
2.8.1, so you might have to look at that a bit closer.

Thank you I will go look at those. As I said in my previous mail I think the problem is broader than C, as no matter what language you use its probably going to end up using libm if you do any math stuff, so in effect it really is an ABI issue. I'm working my way through the GCC docs to try to get a better understanding of where the appropriate place may be to do this.

Kean