Re: MS/CW-style inline assembly for GCC

Stan,

As one of the engineers who did this work at Redhat I
can truly say it was horrible and my brain still hurts
from the experience.

Try mixing MS-style asm with C++ templates and things
get painful very quickly.

Simple 1-2 line asm's aren't the problem it's when you
have a multipage function consisting of just one huge
inline asm containing control flow and other cruf
that you then start bashing you head against the wall.

As Richard said we basically got it to kinda work but
it wasn't pretty.

Graham