Re: [RFC] Implementing Swing Modulo Scheduling in GCC

(from Feb. 3rd ...)
>> [snip]
>> 3. Pass dependence info from tree-ssa (monev analyzer?), and maintain
>> this info until reaching the modulo-scheduler (primary concern: loop
>> unroller), following Dan's suggestion:
>
>If you want you can include your work in the lno-branch.  Then, I will
>try to fill in the data dependence structures that you need for SMS.

We'd like to better understand this option:
we have an innermost single-basic block loop at the RTL level (after
loop-unrolling/peeling), and we need to figure out if there is an
inter-loop (flow, anti or output) dependence between a pair of stores
(or store and load) inside the loop. We are only interested in knowing if
such a dependence exists of a bounded (say 10) distance, and if so what
that distance is.
Can LNO's tree-based analysis possibly fill in our structures at a post-
unrolling/peeling RTL stage?

Ayal.