Re: [tree-ssa vs lno] who is right?

In message <1080308082.12528.27.camel@p4>, Andrew MacLeod writes:
 >I have some minor changes to copyrename in the queue, but I doubt it
 >will affect this. Since there is a constant in the arguments of the PHI,
 >it must have been renamed due to a copy between a temp and maxmin_Result
 >elsewhere in the program. The hope was that we'd be able to get rid of
 >the copy.  Looks like not, unless one or more of the PHIs can be
 >optimized away. :-)
I'd expect DOM to propagate the constants so that there were no uses
of maxmin_Result_140, maxmin_Result_142, then I'd expect DCE to zap the
useless PHIs.

Alternatively Zdenek's block trivial PHI removal code may zap them.

But again, I think step #1 is to figure out how we got them in the first
place.
jeff