This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Making -ffast-math more fine-grained?


On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> I thought we have already have some of these flags already, yes we do:

An excellent review of -ffast-math!


> On Mar 23, 2004, at 21:20, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > 1 * Ones which allow excess precision computations (these really
> > should be OK for most people, though not for testsuites).
>
> Done by default on targets which support 80bit math as faster than
> 64bit would.  I do not think this is going to change any time soon.

This one's command line option is called -ffloat-store, but its neither
enabled nor disabled by -ffast-math, as -fno-float-store is the default.


I appreciate Andrew was listing the fine-grained options of -ffast-math,
but all of Nethanael's categories of transformation are independently
controllable.

Roger
--


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]