Re: GCC viciously beaten by ICC in trig test!

Joe Buck wrote:
You are talking to the wrong people.  If we get poor performance because
of glibc, the glibc people should fix it.

I completely agree. I guess I need to go pester another mailing list... :)

Yes, and the GCC ISO C++ library has its own group of developers and its
own development list; it's just that they work much more closely with the
compiler team than the GNU C library people do.  This, in my view, is a
bug; we need to figure out ways of improving our relationships with the
glibc developers.

That, I suspect, is an issue for respective steering committees.

-- Scott Robert Ladd Coyote Gulch Productions (http://www.coyotegulch.com) Software Invention for High-Performance Computing