support for omvs

hey all,

I was wondering if any of the gcc versions supported OMVS.  (ibm os390 open edition)
I know the answer was no about a year and a half ago, was wondering if that had
changed.

In order for it to be any use, gcc would need to support EBCDIC, and be able
to link to mainframe libs of the format:

TOPLIB.SUBLIB.SUBSUBLIB(FILENAME)

If not, is there a list somewhere of supported os390 ports of gnu projects? I'm trying
to use configure, am getting into trouble right away because it assumes '-R'
is to be used in linking an executable, where c89 expects no such thing..

thanks,

Ed