Re: Logging data structure field accesses

On Mar 4, 2004, at 10:02, law@redhat.com wrote:

In message <B6944002-6980-11D8-B63F-000A957D89DA@apple.com>, Robert Bowdidge wr
ites:
Here's two examples of the produced data. Each represents the fields
of declarations accessed when compiling a program that only includes
the <Carbon/Carbon.h> header file (which brings in about 100K lines of
header files.) The first web page shows the results when compiled
with gcc, the second with g++. (I'd done these measurements to
understand why the C compiler only took 1 second to compile the
headers, but the C++ compiler took two seconds.) The count of accesses
to the uid field indicates the number of declarations of each type, as
the field is only accessed during creation of the declaration node.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bowdidge/c-carbon.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~bowdidge/cpp-carbon.html
Unfortunately the page renders horribly in Mozilla.... I'd be interested in
the data, but with the poor rendering it's impossible to extract any data
from your pages.

What is not that interesting it renders poorly on anything except for IE but
then again it was made using Excel so what do you expect.

-Pinski