Re: more m68k breakage on m68k-linux

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:

> I'm convinced that argptr missing from FIXED_REGISTERS was an anomaly,
> but I still don't quite understand how it would affect init_reg_sets().
> Could you elaborate?

I compared the test results between the stage1 and stage2 compiler and
checked the differences. When fixed_regs is initialized from
initial_fixed_regs the last value is practically random, which e.g.
produces wrong results in assign_parms() (extra copy of
virtual_incoming_args_rtx). A bit later gcc produces a ICE,
I haven't checked what exactly went wrong further, but fixing the
initialization also fixed the test case.

bye, Roman