Re: IMA vs tree-ssa

In message <F0209661-68A9-11D8-8C0E-000A95D7CD40@apple.com>, Dale Johannesen wr
ites:
 >There are several places where tree-ssa does type comparison by
 >comparing TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT() for equality.
Yup.

 > This doesn't work with IMA, and leads to several different ICEs in
 > various SPECmarks (you can probably figure out which one the example
 > came from :)
When the tree-ssa optimizers look at TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT, they are trying to
determine if they can either eliminate an expression or eliminate a copy.
If the main variants are not equal, then all that ought to happen is a
optimization opportunity is missed.

If we're getting aborts and such, then I'd be very curious to know precisely
how the TYPE_MAIN_VARIANTs are being used and how the mis-matched types
lead to failures.

jeff