This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Error compiling gcc 3.4-20040218 on alpha ev68 osf


Stefano Curtarolo, Ph.D. wrote:
gcc -c   -g -O2 -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I.
-I. -I. -I./. -I./../include  ggc-simple.c -o ggc-simple.o
ggc-simple.c:515: error: conflicting types for `ggc_pch_count_object'

Did you use the --with-gc=simple configure option? You did not mention that, but otherwise I don't see how this problem can occur. simple has been deleted from mainline. It may be risky to use it, because so few others are using it.


This has been broken since Oct 26, 2003 by a patch from Daniel Berlin that added a new argument to ggc_pch_count_object, but did not update ggc-simple.c to match.

I wrote a patch to make the obvious fixes, and will check it in when I am done testing it.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]