This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ tree-ssa] PRE problem
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:40:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ tree-ssa] PRE problem
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <200402202031.i1KKVtg4003448@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 15:31, law@redhat.com wrote:
> It must be Friday... Time to get away and recharge.
>
That sounds like an excellent idea :)
> I think it's the right thing to do, particularly since the destination
> could be a DECL_HARD_REGISTER and I didn't see a way to necessarily
> detect that elsewhere.
>
Yeah. I'll hold on to my patch and wait for Dan's opinion. Just using
propagate_value() without consulting may_propagate_copy() sounds
dangerous to me.
Dan, could you take a look at both Jeff's and my patch? Something along
those lines needs to be done in PRE. That will fix PR 14153 and Jeff's
problem.
Thanks. Diego.