This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Who has the authority to set the target milestone on a bug?


On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 06:13:50PM -0800, David Daney wrote:
> I just entered a bug report into bugzilla, and it occurred to me:  
> Should I set the Target Milestone also?

Generally, no.

> I would like it to be fixed in 3.4.0 (wouldn't we all like all bugs 
> fixed there), but did not know if I should set the Target Milestone.
> 
> Guidance is welcome on this point.

Leave it to the developers; setting the target milestone often involves a
judgment as to when the bug can realistically be fixed, or may be affected
by other criteria.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]