Re: Copyright assignments and the MAINTAINERS file

In message <402D448D.8060607@apple.com>, Stan Shebs writes:
 >This would be easier to track if MAINTAINERS mentioned the nature of the
 >copyright assignment; for instance, assume it's personal by default, but
 >if it's corporate, add the name of the assigning company in parentheses
 >after the person's name or some such. We ought to be able to trust
 >everybody to seed the file correctly, if the call goes out.
And you'd really also need to know if it was a past/future assignment,
if it covered specific areas of the compiler or if it was for the entirety
of GCC and so on.

At which point you've basically reinvented the copyright list maintained
by the FSF.  Sigh.....

jeff