This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using bugzilla to track XFAILs
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "Gabriel Dos Reis" <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 13 Feb 2004 11:24:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: Using bugzilla to track XFAILs
- References: <200402131613.i1DGDfT13051@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> writes:
> I like the idea also, but we need to make sure we do it carefully. Often
> a test is xfailed when it isn't really a problem with the compiler but
> with the run-time environment. Take, for example,
> g77.f-torture/execute/io0.f, which is xfailed on several embedded
> platforms because there is no support for stat() in these environments.
I think the proper result for such a test--one which only makes sense
when certain facilities are available--is UNSUPPORTED.
I believe this can be done easily enough in the f-torture framework by
having io0.x call unsupported and then return 1.
Ian