This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using precompiled headers with gcc?
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: "Totte Karlsson" <tkarlsson at qm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 12 Feb 2004 16:01:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: Using precompiled headers with gcc?
- References: <c0grqk$a1f$1@sea.gmane.org>
"Totte Karlsson" <tkarlsson@qm.com> writes:
> (I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup?)
> Hi, I've been using precompiled headers on borland and microsoft compilers
> for many years. I have tried to find documentation on how to use pch's with
> gcc (version 2.95) but can't find any decent documentation on this VERY
> IMPORTANT issue. I don't think one can seriously working on a large C++
> project without using pch's, the development cycle just gets to slow..
>
> Does anyone know where I can find a document telling me how to get this
> working using gcc 2.95 (I can't use any newer version).
> thanks
Precompiled headers was not implemented in FSF GCC until version 3.4,
which has not yet been released. If you must have them, you will need
to upgrade.
--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>