This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
AIX 5.1 dlopen shared library exception handling problem
- From: "Coulter, Scott" <scott dot coulter at retek dot com>
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:12:43 -0600
- Subject: AIX 5.1 dlopen shared library exception handling problem
On the AIX 5.1 platform, using gcc 3.3.2, and run-time loading a shared library
via dlopen( ), I find that exceptions which are thrown by the shared library and should
be caught by the executable are not, in fact, caught. If I link in the shared library at
build-time, but leave the rest of the code unchanged, the relevant catch block
functions as expected.
Also, the identical code base functions correctly on Solaris and HPUX with similar gcc builds.
Sorry if this is vague; I'm still working to isolate a test-case from our code that I can send along.
/home/coultes >gcc -v
Reading specs from /u03/rpas/scott/aix51.gcc-3.3.2/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0/3.3.2/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.3.2/configure --prefix=/u03/rpas/scott/aix51.gcc-3.3.2 --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++
Thread model: aix
gcc version 3.3.2
Thanks for any help you can suggest,
Scott Coulter
scott.coulter@retek.com