This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Floating point registers vs. LOAD_EXTEND_OP on alpha
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- Cc: gerald at pfeifer dot com (Gerald Pfeifer),rth at redhat dot com (Richard Henderson),rsandifo at redhat dot com (Richard Sandiford),roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle),gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:55:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Floating point registers vs. LOAD_EXTEND_OP on alpha
- References: <200401262038.i0QKcqi14559@linsvr1.uk.superh.com>
> Ok, I have checked the patch in, relying on Richard Sandiford's
> regression test.
> The 3.3 branch is also marked as open for bug fixes, but
> we still need somebody to test the two patches in the 3.3 branch
> on one of the affected systems to get closure on PR optimization/11864.
FYI, the patches will probably require a change to the SPARC back-end,
because it is affected by the very same problem as the MIPS and PA
back-ends, but currently doesn't define CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_CLASS.
So I don't think the patches are suitable for the 3.3 branch.