This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:12:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <10401201238.AA06794@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 07:38, Richard Kenner wrote:
> It's not a replacement for real documentation (that we're also working
> on) but it makes the code much easier to understand. And you don't
> have to grep so much, if you see a functions you don't know yet, just
> follow a link and see what it does.
> I would *much* prefer to see all documentation in the sources. The code needs
> to be self-contained and not to web pages someplace. If you print out
> a set of files to read on an airplane, for example, you want to have all
> the necessary documentation in those files.
The documentation is *extracted* from the sources using doxygen.
Please, do follow the documentation links from