This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building GCC with native Solaris ld fails
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: java at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 19 Jan 2004 00:11:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Building GCC with native Solaris ld fails
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| I didn't succeed building GCC (be it 3.3 or mainline) with native
| Solaris ld for months:
When, you say "for months" concerning GCC-3.3.x, may you give some
idea as to back to when?
| ld: fatal: file /dev/zero: mmap anon failed: Not enough space
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| gmake: *** [libgcj.la] Error 1
| Don't we have machinery to split the huge link into pieces in cases
| like this?
I have always been *amazed* by the number and size of those object
files that supposed to be linked together in libjava. :-/