This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, Gerald Pfeifer <gp at suse dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:21:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <C978C33E-48FB-11D8-AECF-000A95DA505C@dberlin.org>, Daniel Berlin wr
>> Err, no they aren't. For example we have a host of -f options which
>> debugging dumps rather than code generation. That's wrong.
>Are you referring to -fdump-tree*?
>It is my understanding that this was already there when we started (and
>in fact, exists on the mainline too), we just extended it.
Really. Well, that's not really a good reason to extend broken practice.
>It seems like a simple renaming job would address that concern anyway.
Yup. But we can't honestly say we follow option/documentation conventions
knowing that this issue is still unresolved.