Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 22:38, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Now that the number of open regressions has fallen to 98, I have
> > created the GCC 3.4 release branch.  Thanks to all of you who have
> > helped to fix these regressions!
>
> Mark, I have a request: please make sure that the primary platforms are in
> good shape before branching the next time.
>
> sparc-sun-solaris2.8 doesn't bootstrap as of this writing.

Clearly that needs to be fixed, before the release, but it's not
necessarily a reason not to create a branch.

I'm not worried that the bug will not be fixed.

If there were a major structural problem, that might be different -- but
this is clearly just something that needs to be worked out.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
CodeSourcery, LLC