This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Adding soft-registers
- From: Stephane Carrez <stcarrez at nerim dot fr>
- To: tm_gccmail at kloo dot net
- Cc: James Dessart <james at skwirl dot ca>,Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:05:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: Adding soft-registers
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
It sounds like the 6809 direct page differs from the 65816 direct page
because the 65816 direct page is settable on a byte boundary. This allowed
it be used as the frame pointer, and we generally accessed the locals on
the stack via the direct page.
Interesting! It must be changed to a 16-bit register then does it?
If you have this your task is easier in gcc because you don't fall in the
reload nightmare (or reduce it).
E-mail: email@example.com Stephane.Carrez@solsoft.com
WWW: http://stcarrez.nerim.net http://www.solsoft.com
Free the Software! Security Policy Management