This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa]: The dangers of keeping constants in phi nodes
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>,gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:18:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa]: The dangers of keeping constants in phi nodes
- References: <200401051758.i05HwYUk015762@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
I never noticed that we can only rename *new* variables according to
the API, so it's technically not a bug.
Use rewrite_vars_out_of_ssa to take the variable out of ssa form, then
use rewrite_into_ssa to put it back in SSA form.
I think I might be able to do this and keep the SSA up-to-date, it's
just a bit tricky.
[ The two interfaces into the rewriter need to be cleaned up so that
a single interface to avoid this kind of confusion. It's on my todo