Re: anyone know the origin of the word 'insn'

Phil Edwards wrote:
 believe it's an abbreviation for "instruction," and although I've only
read it on screen/paper, never heard it aloud, I pronounce it the same
way as "ensign" when I'm talking to myself.
yeah, and I don't like it (the abrev -- talking to yourself all you like!)
My brain insists on abreviating 'instruction' as 'isn' and pronouncing it
'iz-en' ... I make typos in gcc because of that :(

With 'ensign' you given me a Picard complex with all these ensigns running
around 'making it so'.

nathan

         The voices in my head said this was stupid too