This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Global constructors
- From: "Tiago Stein D'Agostini" <tiago at lisha dot ufsc dot br>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:55:28 -0200 (BRST)
- Subject: Global constructors
I am srry if that is not an 100% gcc problem, but I couldn`t find anyone
else that would give me a clue.
I work in a research group(academic) where we develop an operating system.
For some reasons that goes beyond my control, our entry point have been
redefined. We use :
.file "ia32_start.s"
.text
.align 4
.globl _start
.type _start,@function
_start:
call main
pushl %eax
call _exit
.Lfe1:
.size _start,.Lfe1-_start
as our START and entry point. Everything else is ELF exactly as gcc
outputs it..
But I need to make it to call the global constructors (a call to it just
before call to main). Unfortunatelly I am not able to put a call to __do_global_ctors_aux (LD indicates an undefined
reference) even the __do_global_ctors_aux being there at the object file.
I've already spent much time trying to figure it out why. So I would be
glad if someone can give me a clue.
Thank you in advance.
--
If brute force doesn`t solve your problem..... you aren`t using enough!