This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PRE lossage
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:17:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: PRE lossage
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <64E3BF94-097A-11D8-A9DD-000A95AF1FAE@dberlin.org>, Daniel Berlin wr
>I've been putting off these bugs until switch lowering happens, since
>that should allow us to pre-split the critical edges without any
>trouble, and once that happens, insertion shouldn't require creating
>new blocks, ever, and the whole problem goes away.
I would be very wary of pre-splitting critical edges. In my experience, it
loses, badly. Interestingly enough I was pre-splitting critical edges to
help with PRE when I ran into the lame behavior.