This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: unable to compile gdb 6.0 as a cross gdb; error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
- From: gleb at nbase dot co dot il (Gleb Natapov)
- To: "Wolcott, Ken (MED, Compuware)" <Ken dot Wolcott at med dot ge dot com>
- Cc: crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com,gdb mailing list <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>,gcc mailing list <gcc at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:32:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: unable to compile gdb 6.0 as a cross gdb; error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
- References: <email@example.com>
Try to do "export bash_cv_have_mbstate_t=yes" before running configure.
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:47:52PM -0600, Wolcott, Ken (MED, Compuware) wrote:
> I used Dan Kegel's crosstool version 0.24 (http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/)
> to create an arm9 cross tool chain. I'm now trying to create an arm9 native
> One of the developers I'm trying to support says that he gets the error
> msg"GDB can't read core files on this machine". So he wants an arm9 native
> gdb rather than aarm9 crossgdb.
> I have downloaded the gdb 6.0 source, expanded it, created a sibling
> directory for my gdb build, executed configure and make using the attached
> compile.sh script from the gdb build directory I created. The captured
> output is also attached as kaw_make.log. There is mention of config.log, so
> I attached it as well.
> All I need is a gdb that can read an arm9 corefile. Whether that is a cross
> gdb (host: i686-pc-linux, target: arm-arm9-linux) or an arm9 native gdb, it
> doesn't matter.