This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g77 in gcc3.4 20030827 miscompiles
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:44:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: g77 in gcc3.4 20030827 miscompiles
- References: <email@example.com> <200310220235.h9M2ZYg16702@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
Where is -mpowerpc64 recommended for GCC 3.4? That is supported
in Apple's compiler, but not in the FSF compiler.
We really need a better answer than this. This will not be the last
person to ask this question. It is only a matter of days before I try
using -mpowerpc64 myself with FSF gcc. I've already used it with the
If -mpowerpc64 can't be made to work with FSF gcc, then we need to
document this in the darwin specific install notes, and perhaps even
modify gcc to emit an error.
If it can be made to work, but this work hasn't been done yet, then we
should be encouraging people to submit bugs into bugzilla.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com