Re: [tree-ssa] Mainline merge as of 2003-10-17

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:58:45AM -0700, Jason Merrill wrote:
> That seems reasonable to me, but "seen_in_bind_expr" is a new rthism
> which I haven't had a chance to look at yet.

It's a complete and total hack.

          /* ??? If this is a local variable, and it has not been seen in any
             outer BIND_EXPR, then it's probably the result of a duplicate
             declaration, for which we've already issued an error.  It would
             be really nice if the front end wouldn't leak these at all.
             Currently the only known culprit is C++ destructors, as seen
             in g++.old-deja/g++.jason/binding.C.  */

If you can figure out how to prevent cp_parser_init_declarator from
generating a destructor for an object for which pushdecl refused to
enter into the block, then we can remove this.  The symptom is that
we abort in make_decl_rtl becuase we never processed that variable.

r~