This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Optimization for automatic objects
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Joachim Schoeberl <js at jku dot at>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:33:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: Optimization for automatic objects
- References: <3F97BF93.2030106@jku.at> <1066950744.5383.68.camel@frodo.toronto.redhat.com>
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 07:12:25PM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 07:46, Joachim Schoeberl wrote:
>
> > Now, my questions are:
> > - is there an optimization flag eliminating these movements ?
> > - should I implement the objects differently ?
> > - will there be an optimizer in the near future ?
> >
> I doubt tree-ssa will get these right, but would you mind creating a
> bugzilla report with your code as a test case? File it against the
> tree-ssa branch. Someone will take a stab at it eventually.
I think he's having the exact same problem that's exposed by PR 12747.