Re: Switching the default for -fabi-version

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 04:44:37PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
> Wait a few days or so, then consider putting this on the announce list.
>   That way we pick up folks that would not otherwise read the minutia of
> day-to-day gcc development.  Plug in architectures, openoffice, GTK, Qt
> come to mind...

We're only reversing the sense of a flag in CVS.  I don't see what the
purpose of "wait a few days" would be.

Certainly I'd like to see whether -Wabi reports any warnings when building
any of KDE (including Qt), the C++ parts of Gnome, OpenOffice, and Mozilla.
However, the KDE folks tell me that the first issue is getting 3.4 to
build KDE at all; there appear to be many problems with stray semicolons
that the new parser rejects.  (This begs the question of whether the
new parser's rejection of extra semicolons, even though technically correct,
is too pedantic).