Re: G5 fpu optimizations for g77 3.4???

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 02:50 PM, Toon Moene wrote:
That's correct. Apple is not currently supporting g77.

Is there a reason for that ?

Roughly the same reason why we don't have an Ada compiler. It isn't uncommon for companies to just include C/C++ as they represent 90%+ of the market and ignore the rest. That said, in theory just grabbing and building an FSF release or a release off our cvs server should just work, if one wants Fortran or Ada. Though, from time to time, there might be bugs that cause various non-functionalities.

People that are interested in other language will have to test, productize and get those patches in.